We may hold the following information about a member:
- Full name
- Personal address
- Business address (if different), if provided
- Telephone numbers –home and mobile, if provided
- Email address, if provided
We use the above information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into with regard to membership of the IPS.
- Inform members via the Journal, email, our Facebook Page,or any other platform which the IPS may deem appropriate, of any information regarding the IPS or shorthand in general.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between the IPS and you, the member, whether ad hoc or on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Inform you, our member,of updates to legislation and general guidance in relation to any of the above.
- Carry out our obligations in relation to the requirements of the HMRC or other government departments and any other bona fide body so requiring such information.
- Enable the IPS to comply with any other legislation as may be from time to time stipulated by the lawsof the United Kingdom.
We will retain a member’s information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law or regulation requires.
A member is entitled to see the personal information we hold about them personally and they may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date.
- We may share a member’s personal information only with official bodies such as HMRC.
- Such personal information will be limited to the member’s name, address, landline and/or mobile telephone number and email address.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share any of the information a member provides to us without that member’s consent.
- The information a member provides to us will be held on our Chair’s and Treasurer’s computer which is password protected, as well as index cards.
In order to comply with GDPR we will be reviewing our policy twice-yearly, 25 November and 25 May.